- Catalogs | Downloading and Installing Core & 3D Library Catalogs (9:44)
- Top Tools and Symbols | What I Use Often and Why
- Defaults | What Are They? (6:39)
- Dimensioning | Best Practices (21:40)
- Drawing Your Floor Plan | Using Existing CD's & Modeling Personal Dimensions (24:33)
- Walls | How to Draw & Select Wall Types (27:22)
- Doors | Customizing Door Styles and Sizes (24:57)
- Windows | Customizing Window Styles and Sizes (13:11)
- Floor Levels | Bulk Editing Floor Heights, Structure, and Adding Levels (14:31)
- Rooms | Defining a Room, What That Means, and How to Add on to a Model (17:34)
- Custom Ceilings | How to Draw Vaulted, Coffered, and Other Ceiling Types (39:22)
- Stairs | The 'Steps' to Get You Going (8:31)
- Millwork | Adding Custom Wall Details and Trim (28:55)
- Kitchen Cabinetry | Modeling Custom Cabinetry & Built-Ins (114:11)
- Materials | Building Your Own Materials (ie. tile, wallpaper, fabric, etc.)** (30:15)
- 3D Warehouse & Custom Models | Importing to Home Designer (25:49)
- Fireplaces | How to Model a Custom Fireplace (33:53)
- Light Fixtures | Adding and Importing Lighting (30:50)
- Furnishings | Laying out a Room Using Multiple Models (33:03)
- Electrical Plan or RCP | How to Add and Format Lighting or Electrical Connections
- Drawing Sheets | How to Format Your Title block(s) and Sheets Sizes (19:30)
- Graphic Standards | Company Fonts, Labels, Callouts, and Notes (17:51)
- Formatting Plans | Sending Your Plan and Views to Layout (28:33)
- Dimensions | How to Edit Dimension Number Sizes in Layout (3:13)
- Elevations & Sections | How to 'Draw' and Send To Layout (20:29)
- Printing to PDF or Printer (4:26)
- Sending Your File to Someone Else | How To Package Your File(s) So Everything is Still Linked (6:56)
Note from your tutor:
Hello! I’m so excited you’re here and looking to broaden your knowledge of Home Designer Pro. I know that you may be a little nervous, overwhelmed, and in some cases frustrated, but I’m happy to tell you that you’ve come to the right place. As an architecturally trained designer who holds a Master of Architecture from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and almost a decade of professional experience, with 5 years working with Chief Architect and training in Home Designer for 2 years, you now have that tutor who’s built a course specifically tailored to the Interior Design industry.
For the last two years, I’ve provided more that 175 hours of one-on-one training to fellow Interior Designers learning Chief Architect and/or Home Designer software. Since then, I’ve found those key points, tidbits, cheats, and processes that work best for our industry… let alone the path of least resistance for busy designers like you. Unlike some of the other training opportunities, I work directly in the industry on a DAILY basis. I won’t be having you edit anything without a solid explanation of how and why you are doing it, which is something I’ve found isn’t the case when training designers who’d taken courses or tutoring elsewhere prior to working with me.
In addition to my training, I’ve also been working with Interior Designers as a Virtual Design Assistant, Rendering Artist, and Architectural Design Consultant. I’ve modeled, rendered, and formatted permit plans for projects as small as a powder room to multi-million dollar custom homes. The breadth of projects and over forty designers I’ve work with on design projects (not including training) has added to my understanding of the level of detail needed, or not, for you to learn this software efficiently and easily. I’m not saying this won’t require you to put in the time, because it will, but I feel comfortable saying that you will greatly benefit from the courses included in this bundle.
I look forward to helping you improve your design presentations by incorporating Chief Architect into company’s portfolio.
Let’s get started!!
Kelly E. Fridline, Assoc. AIA
Owner of Kelly Fridline Design, LLC
Kelly holds a BFA and M.Arch from Savannah College of Art and Design with experiencing working at several highly regarded firms prior to establishing her own company, Kelly Fridline Design, LLC, in 2017. Since that time, she’s established a clientele of Interior Designers, Architects, Contractors, and Home and Business Owners. Specializing in design presentations and architectural consulting, Kelly’s built a reputation for her knowledge of Chief Architect, Home Designer, and various design document methodologies and rendering styles synonymous with the interior design industry.
In addition to creating these courses, Kelly provides one-on-one training for Interior Designers needing more attention and/or design consulting.
Kelly currently resides in the Metro-Detroit area with her husband, baby boy, and two dogs. She loves gardening, traveling, and visiting her own family located on the east coast... which means she also loves seafood.
*PRIOR PURCHASING MAKE SURE YOUR COMPUTER MEETS THE RECOMMENDED MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (PREFERABLY BETTER) BY CHIEF ARCHITECT. THE MOST RECENT VERSION (EXCLUDING BETA VERSIONS) OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE USED, SO TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS COURSES ITS BEST THAT YOU’VE UPGRADED PRIOR TO STARTING. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOUR COMPUTER MEETS THESE SPECIFICATIONS, YOU CAN PURCHASE AND SCHEDULE A DISCOVERY CALL WITH KELLY VIA WWW.KELLYFRIDLINDESIGN.COM.
KELLY FRIDLINE DESIGN, LLC WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR INSUFFICIENT HARDWARE OR INTERNET TO PERFORM THESE SESSIONS AND PROCEDURES.
Looking for something more catered to YOUR project?
I'd love to help you in a 1:1 session! Find my options below for learning 1:1 with me on Your project at a time that works for You!
Also check out www.virtualdesignmentor.com for more learning options!